Florida Power & Light Co. customers are required to secure their accounts with a deposit. An initial service charge is included on the first bill.
To start electric service, you will need to provide your social security number, driver’s license number or social insurance number. If any of these is not available, you still can submit an order but will need to fax in another form of verifiable ID.
A certificate of occupancy following an electrical inspection is required for first-time service for a new home.
To receive FPL service, call anytime at 321-723-7795 or visit fpl.com.
Florida City Gas supplies natural gas to most of Brevard. The company requires a deposit that varies according to the amount of monthly gas usage.
The meter deposit is refunded with interest after service establishment fee is required 12 months to customers with good payment records. A $50 start-up fee is required.
- Gas service – 800-993-7546
- New homes – 800-599-3770
- AT&T: 888-757-6500
WATER, SEWER, TRASH
- Barefoot Bay and Snug Harbor: 772-664-5916.
- Cocoa: 321-433-8400
- Rockledge: 321-690-3978
- Melbourne: 321-608-7000
- Mims: 321-264-5130
- Palm Bay: 321-952-3420
- Titusville: 321-383-5791
- West Melbourne: 321-727-7700
TRASH COLLECTION AND RECYCLING
- Rockledge: 321-690-3961
- Titusville: 321-383-5755
- Other parts of the county: 321-636-6894
- Brevard County Solid Waste Management: 321-633-2042
- The Reusable Resources Adventure Center: 321-729-0100
- Central Disposal Facility: 321-633-1888
- Mockingbird Way Mulching Facility and Transfer Station: 321-264-5048
- Sarno Transfer Station/Sarno Landfill: 321-255-4366